The student will describe the major networking technologies, systems, skills, and tools in use in modern networks.Taking this course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006), or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. Tier 1 & 2 Support Personnel seeking IAT-1 certification to fulfill the DoD 8570.1 Directive
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic network theory concepts.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the major issues and methods to secure systems on a network.
- Identify the major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify network security threats and attacks.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
N+ Certification Course Syllabus:
1 – Network Theory
- Networking Terminology
- Network Categories
- Standard Network Models
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
2 – Network Communications Methods
- Data Transmission Methods
- Media Access Methods
- Signaling Methods
3 – Network Media and Hardware
- Bounded Network Media
- Unbounded Network Media
- Noise Control
- Network Connectivity Devices
4 – Network Implementations
- Ethernet Networks
- Wireless Networks
5 – Networking Models
- The OSI Model
- The TCP/IP Model
6 – TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IP Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- Implement IPv6 Addresses
- Delivery Techniques
7 – TCP/IP Services
- Assign IP Addresses
- Domain Naming Services
- TCP/IP Commands
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
- TCP/IP Interoperability Services
8 – LAN Infrastructure
- Enable Static Routing
- Implement Dynamic IP Routing
- Virtual LANs
- Plan a SOHO Network
9 – WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- Voice over Data Transmission
10 – Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- VPN Protocols
11 – System Security
- Computer Security Basics
- System Security Tools
- Authentication Methods
- Encryption Methods
12 – Network Security
- Network Perimeter Security
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Protect Network Traffic Using IPSec
13 – Network Security Threats and Attacks
- Network-Based Security Threats and Attacks
- Apply Threat Mitigation Techniques
- Educate Users
14 – Network Management
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration Management Documentation
- Network Performance Optimization
15 – Network Troubleshooting
- Network Troubleshooting Models
- Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues